Times when we may recommend a tooth extraction are
- Severe tooth decay (cavities)
- A fractured tooth
- An impacted tooth, commonly associated with wisdom teeth
- Crowded teeth
- Severe gum disease
- Tooth luxation or other dental injuries
Dr. Hurlbut or Dr. Sasse will assess your teeth through dental X-rays and checkups and will give you all the information before suggesting this procedure. They are always deciding on a plan to keep your smile healthy and bright.
After your tooth extraction, we will go over proper post-operative care. If you experience any of the following symptoms, please call our office right away
- Signs of infection, including fever or chills
- Severe swelling or pus from the extraction site
- Excessive bleeding several hours after extraction
- The blood clot in the socket falls out (dry socket) days after the extraction, causing pain
- Rash or hives
- Trouble swallowing
We are here for you in the event of a dental emergency.
Dr. Hulbut and Dr. Sasse will ensure that this process is as easy as possible for you. Our caring staff and our expert dentists in Lincoln, NE will give you the information you need to get through your tooth extraction with as much comfort as possible.
We offer various forms of sedation to ease anxiety during these appointments if necessary.Request an Appointment
We want to make sure our patients are comfortable and feel at ease with their treatment plan.